1 1/2 c. ricotta
1 c. finely grated Parmesan, divided
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
4 medium zucchinis, sliced 1/4″ thick
1 c. marinara
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, egg, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- On a clean working surface, lay out three slices of zucchini so they are slightly overlapping and place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and ricotta mixture.
- Spoon marinara on top of the zucchini manicotti, then sprinkle all over with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake until the zucchini is tender and the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil then serve immediately.
Sharing is caring!