Ingredients for Veggie Quesadilla
- Whole wheat large tortillas: Gives these vegetarian quesadilla a boost of whole grain goodness.
- Black beans: Plant based protein and give great texture in every bite.
- Corn: Fresh, frozen or canned this is a favorite Tex-Mex ingredient for it’s sweet taste.
- Red bell pepper: Adds crunch and color!
- Red onion: Aromatic savory taste in black bean quesadilla.
- Fresh cilantro: Another ingredients that adds that classic southwest taste.
- Cumin and salt: Cumin adds a warm, earthy taste while salt balances flavors.
- Cheese: Use choice of Colby, cheddar or mozzarella.
- Condiments: Greek yogurt (or sour cream), salsa and guac.
How to Make Vegetarian Quesadilla
- Make the filling: In a large mixing bowl, add black beans, corn, pepper, cilantro, red onion, cumin and salt. Stir well to combine and no need to saute any of these vegetables.
- Build each quesadilla: On a half of tortilla sprinkle 3 tbsp of cheese (half 1/3 cup), spread 1/2 cup veggie mixture and sprinkle with remaining 3 tbsp of cheese. Fold the other half of tortilla on top pressing on it somewhat gently-hard making a half moon shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes: Remove from the oven, let rest for 3-5 minutes and cut each quesadilla in half using serrated knife.
Sharing is caring!