Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Lemon Zucchini Noodles
By BY CHRISTINA CHERRIER – Source
September 28, 2021
Garlic butter Steak Bites Recipe – So much flavor and so easy to throw together! Sirloin steak bites are marinated with soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, hot sauce, and pepper, then pan-seared to perfection in a delicious garlic butter sauce and served with healthy, low carb zucchini noodles. Ready in 30 minutes or less, these garlic butter steak bites with zucchini noodles will make all of your family go crazy!
HOW TO MARINATE STEAK
How do you make a steak marinade? For this garlic butter steak recipe, we make a 20-minute marinade that will transform any cuts into delicious and tender steak with wonderful flavor.
This steak marinade starts with a base of soy sauce and lemon juice which makes a perfect combo for tenderizing the meat. Whisk the soy sauce and lemon juice together with the olive oil, hot sauce, and black pepper. The homemade steak marinade will infuse into the meat for huge flavor. Add the steak and the marinade into a sealable bag before throwing your steak on the grill.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER STEAK BITES
Garlic butter steak bites couldn’t be any easier. The key is to use a really hot skillet so that you get a nice golden crust on your steak bites. The steak bites really only require about 5 to 7 minutes if the skillet is hot enough.
Do not stir the steak bites for the first 1 or 2 minutes, allow them to get a nice sear from the skillet. A cast-iron skillet is the best choice for these steak bites as that type of pan can get really hot with an even distribution of heat!
Start cooking the steak in a little olive oil for the browning factor so that the butter and garlic you’ll add afterward don’t burn. Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over high heat. Make sure the olive oil is hot, then add the steak pieces to it. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
These garlic butter steak bites with lemon zucchini noodles have so much flavor and are so easy to throw together!
- 1 1/4 lbs (450g) sirloin steak cut into small cubes
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized (or a pack of store-bought Zucchini Noodles)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. To prepare the garlic butter steak bites recipe: In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the steak marinade (soy sauce, olive oil, hot sauce, pepper, and lemon juice) and add the steak bites. Mix well and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes minimum, while preparing the other ingredients.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Drain steak bites from the marinade. Keep the remaining marinade for later.
3. Place the steak bites in the skillet in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the skillet or meat will steam, so you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your skillet. Cook steak bites for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until steak bites are golden brown. Repeat with remaining steak bites if needed.
4. Once all the steak bites are golden brown, add 2 tablespoons of butter and garlic to the skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat the meat in the sauce. Remove the steak bites to a shallow plate and set them aside.
5. In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, beef broth, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
6. Add the spiralized zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Stir in the fresh parsley and thyme, then allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini noodles render too much water. Push the zucchini noodles on the side, add the steak bites back to the pan and reheat for another minute. Serve immediately your garlic butter steak bites and zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring!