Chicken Breast with Tomatoes and Garlic
By ifoodreal – Source
February 20, 2022
The chicken breast is a lean, high-protein, low-fat meat that is also rich in vitamins and minerals. It can be cooked on the grill or in the oven with a simple combination of dried oregano, avocado oil. salt and pepper.
Chicken Breasts Ingredients:
- 2-3 lbs chicken breasts 4 large, boneless & skinless
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes 4 large, cut into half moon shapes
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Basil or parsley finely chopped
- First, cut chicken breasts into tenders. Then, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss around to coat evenly.
- Second is to slice tomatoes and chop garlic.
- Third, preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl a bit of oil to coat. Add half of chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Transfer to a dish and cook remaining chicken this way.
Next, reduce heat to low, add garlic and 1/2 tsp oregano. After that, cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently (add a bit of oil if there was none left from cooking chicken).
Layer tomatoes on top, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Turn up the heat to medium and cook tomatoes for about 5 minutes, gently tossing them around (if tomatoes aren’t juicy enough, add a splash of water).
When tomatoes have released their juices and turned into fresh tomato sauce, turn off the heat and return chicken back to skillet.
Gently tuck it in between tomatoes and sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley.
Finally, serve warm with whole wheat spaghetti, quinoa, brown rice or buckwheat.
Sharing is caring!