Today we’re tapping into my Central American roots with a Central American Salad In A Jar! Sweet, savory, creamy, crunchy. Serve it as a side when grilling out with family this summer, or pack it up into jars and take it with you on-the-go!
When it comes to healthy eating, it’s all about making easy recipes with fresh and quality ingredients. Especially now that back-to-school season is approaching! Not that I have kids going back to school, or really know anything about the chaos of that season….but it seems that everything just gets busier this time of year! Am I right??
For this recipe, I wanted to find really good and fresh peaches. I actually have a pretty hard time finding fresh peaches (ohhhh the struggles….) because it seems that they’re always super overripe!
I was so happy when I found them in perfectly ripe and fresh condition at Kroger, who also happens to have an amazing selection of locally sourced produced! It’s the best for when you’re needing fresh and local products.
Not to mention they have an awesome rewards program that allows you to download digital coupons and earn points towards their fuel program with any purchase, letting you save on fuel just by buying what you always use! This is super exciting for Cody and I since we have lots of road trips coming up (as always).
Here’s the delicious recipe:
- 2 peaches
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ black beans
- 2 oz . queso panela
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce
- Finely chop the peaches and grape tomatoes. Add chia seeds to the salsa.
- Cook the quinoa according to directions. While the quinoa is cooking, chop the avocado and lettuce.
- In a jar, layer the salad by filling the jar with the peach salsa first. Then add the quinoa, black beans, avocado, queso, and lettuce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour out the salad into a bowl and enjoy!
Sharing is caring!