Here are the 8 best diet plans to help you shed weight and improve your overall health.
1. Intermittent fasting – Intermittent fasting cycles between periods of fasting and eating. It has been shown to aid weight loss and is linked to many other health benefits.
2. Plant-based diets – Plant-based diets restrict meat and animal products for various reasons. Studies show that they aid weight loss by reducing your calorie intake and offer many other benefits.
3. Low-carb diets – Low-carb diets restrict your carb intake, which encourages your body to use more fat as fuel. They can help you lose weight and offer many other benefits.
4. The paleo diet – The paleo diet advocates eating whole foods, similarly to how your ancestors ate. Studies show that it may aid weight loss and reduce heart disease risk factors.
5. Low-fat diets – Low-fat diets restrict your intake of fat, as this macronutrient is higher in calories than protein and carbs. Studies have linked low-fat diets to weight loss and lower risks of heart disease and diabetes.
6. The Mediterranean diet – The Mediterranean diet emphasizes eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish, and healthy oils while restricting refined and highly processed foods.
7. WW (Weight Watchers) – WW, or Weight Watchers, is a weight loss program that uses a points-based system. Studies show that it’s effective for long-term weight loss and highly flexible.
8. The DASH diet – The DASH diet is a low-salt diet that has been shown to aid weight loss. Studies have also linked it to additional benefits for your heart and reduced risks of other chronic diseases.
The bottom line
Many diets can help you lose weight.
While all of the above diets have been shown to be effective for weight loss, the diet you choose should depend on your lifestyle and food preferences. This ensures that you are more likely to stick to it in the long term.