20-Minute Healthy Sausage and Veggies One-Pot
By CHRISTINA CHERRIER– Source
August 4, 2021
This one-pot sausage and veggies is a down home, healthy, inexpensive, and delicious meal that you’ll love to make again and again. Baby potatoes are quickly stir fried then paired with savory sausage, sweet bell peppers and zucchini for a Mediterranean touch. Perfect for busy weeknights or those nights when you just don’t feel like cooking!
- 2 cups baby potatoes, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 9 ounces smoked sausage, sliced (not ground sausage)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a heavy bottomed pot (we like our cast-iron!), heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the baby potatoes to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, around 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times. Remove potatoes from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, brown the sliced sausage for around 5 minutes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the sausage from the pot and set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes with remaining cooking oil. Add the bell peppers and zucchini to the same pot and season with red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, until softened, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the cooked sausage, and potatoes potatoes back to the pot and mix everything together. Add chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes more. Adjust seasoning and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy! ♥︎
Sharing is caring!